Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
I think we can all agree Bonefish Grill’s Bang Bang Shrimp defiantly falls into the category of most delicious appetizer of chain restaurants out there. Living in Richmond, VA there’s no real reason to eat at a chain restaurant we have so many great local spots & there’s so many we can’t even hit them all. However, the halfway point to meet my parents is chain restaurant galore, and you guessed it… there is a Bonefish grill.
When I purchased my air fryer, I started making a list of my favorite meals that we pan fry and bang bang shrimp is one of them. I can not praise my air fryer enough, because it cooks so fast and it is so freaking easy to clean up! Anything that used to make a mess cooking on the stove top now, goes in the air fryer and my kitchen has been looking spotless these days. Oh and there’s little oil involved so it is healthier for you! Can you say WIN, WIN?!?
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Comment below if you have any questions!
Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp Lightened Up
Think Bonefish Grill's famous appetizer but way better for you, and bonus it is gluten free with a dairy free option!
Makes: 4 small servings
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 8
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup of Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup of avocado mayo or regular mayo
- 1/4 cup of thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 1/2 cup of milk (can use an egg whisked if you have a dairy sensitivity)
- Olive oil spray
- Coat the shrimp wih the milk, one at a time remove shrimp from milk letting the excess liquid drip away. Coat the shrimp with the flour, and let rest on a plate while you do about half of the shrimp.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil. Add half the shrimp and spray the top layer of the shrimp with olive oil. Cook at 400 for 8 minutes flipping shrimp at minute 4.
- While the first batch is cooking, repeat step 1 & 2 with the remaining shrimp. Once batch one is complete, remove shrimp and put them in a mixing bowl.
- While they finish cooking, mix mayo, chilli sauce, & sriracha. Once all the shrimp are done cooking, pour the sauce over the shrimp coating evenly. A few people have commented that it is too much sauce, and this will depend on your shrimp size & personal preference. I recommend using your judgement when tossing with shrimp, you can always start with half the sauce and add more sauce as needed.
ENJOY!If you don't have an airfryer you can pan fry in avocado oil or bake in the oven with the same technique just add more cooking time.